Command Line Interface¶
OpenNebula provides a set commands to interact with the system:
- oneacct: gets accounting data from OpenNebula
- oneacl: manages OpenNebula ACLs
- onecluster: manages OpenNebula clusters
- onedatastore: manages OpenNebula datastores
- onedb: OpenNebula database migration tool
- onegroup: manages OpenNebula groups
- onehost: manages OpenNebula hosts
- oneimage: manages OpenNebula images
- onetemplate: manages OpenNebula templates
- oneuser: manages OpenNebula users
- onevdc: manages OpenNebula Virtual DataCenters
- onevm: manages OpenNebula virtual machines
- onevnet: manages OpenNebula networks
- onezone: manages OpenNebula zones
- onesecgroup: manages OpenNebula security groups
- onevcenter: handles vCenter resource import
- onevrouter: manages OpenNebula Virtual Routers
- oneshowback: OpenNebula Showback Tool
- onemarket: manages internal and external Marketplaces
- onemarketapp: manages appliances from Marketplaces
The output of these commands can be customized by modifying the configuration files that can be found in
/etc/one/cli/. They also can be customized on a per-user basis, in this case the configuration files should be placed in
List operation for each command will open a *less session* for a better user experience. First elements will be printed right away while the rest will begin to be requested and added to a cache, providing faster response times, specially on big deployments. Less session will automatically be canceled if a pipe is used for better interaction with scripts, providing the traditional, non interactive output.
- econe-upload: Uploads an image to OpenNebula
- econe-describe-images: Lists all registered images belonging to one particular user.
- econe-run-instances: Runs an instance of a particular image (that needs to be referenced).
- econe-describe-instances: Outputs a list of launched images belonging to one particular user.
- econe-terminate-instances: Shutdowns a set of virtual machines (or cancel, depending on its state).
- econe-reboot-instances: Reboots a set of virtual machines.
- econe-start-instances: Starts a set of virtual machines.
- econe-stop-instances: Stops a set of virtual machines.
- econe-create-volume: Creates a new DATABLOCK in OpenNebula
- econe-delete-volume: Deletes an existing DATABLOCK.
- econe-describe-volumes: Describe all available DATABLOCKs for this user
- econe-attach-volume: Attaches a DATABLOCK to an instance
- econe-detach-volume: Detaches a DATABLOCK from an instance
- econe-allocate-address: Allocates a new elastic IP address for the user
- econe-release-address: Releases a publicIP of the user
- econe-describe-addresses: Lists elastic IP addresses
- econe-associate-address: Associates a publicIP of the user with a given instance
- econe-disassociate-address: Disasociate a publicIP of the user currently associated with an instance
- econe-create-keypair: Creates the named keypair
- econe-delete-keypair: Deletes the named keypair, removes the associated keys
- econe-describe-keypairs: List and describe the key pairs available to the user
- econe-register: Registers an image