OpenNebula EC2 Usage¶
The EC2 Query API offers the functionality exposed by Amazon EC2: upload images, register them, run, monitor and terminate instances, etc. In short, Query requests are HTTP or HTTPS requests that use the HTTP verb GET or POST and a Query parameter.
OpenNebula implements a subset of the EC2 Query interface, enabling the creation of public clouds managed by OpenNebula.
- upload image: Uploads an image to OpenNebula
- register image: Register an image into OpenNebula
- describe images: Lists all registered images belonging to one particular user.
- run instances: Runs an instance of a particular image (that needs to be referenced).
- describe instances: Outputs a list of launched images belonging to one particular user.
- terminate instances: Shutdowns a set of virtual machines (or cancel, depending on its state).
- reboot instances: Reboots a set of virtual machines.
- start instances: Starts a set of virtual machines.
- stop instances: Stops a set of virtual machines.
- create volume: Creates a new DATABLOCK in OpenNebula
- delete volume: Deletes an existing DATABLOCK.
- describe volumes: Describe all available DATABLOCKs for this user
- attach volume: Attaches a DATABLOCK to an instance
- detach volume: Detaches a DATABLOCK from an instance
- create snapshot:
- delete snapshot:
- describe snapshot:
- allocate address: Allocates a new elastic IP address for the user
- release address: Releases a publicIP of the user
- describe addresses: Lists elastic IP addresses
- associate address: Associates a publicIP of the user with a given instance
- disassociate address: Disassociate a publicIP of the user currently associated with an instance
- create keypair: Creates the named keypair
- delete keypair: Deletes the named keypair, removes the associated keys
- describe keypairs: List and describe the key pairs available to the user